Tuesday 22 March 2011

Quick knits

I have been busy knitting some quicker knits. I know, I know I wasn't goint to start anything else, but these gloves are sooo lovley. I was reading another ladies blog, http://www.theflitterknitter.blogspot.com/ and she had made these gloves, so I had to buy the book, and knit them. They are so lovely. I used Rico yarn, and they look really nice. I know I have done something wrong, as one glove is slightly longer than the other, but I will be wearing them, so it doesn't matter. I will definitely knit these again, in another type of yarn, just to see what they turn out like. I may even give some as Christmas presents.

 T
This hat is called Shroom and it's from knitty.com  I think. I had some of this wool, only 2 balls, can't for the life of me remember what it was, think it was Twilleys Freedom, but not 100% sure. It was really fiddly to knit, on fat 8mm circular needles which were only 16 inches long. Then I finally finished it, and it didn't fit. I unpicked the bottom cast on edge, and now it does fit, but it's a bit tight. Another one, to try again I think. This has made me think now. I have knitted a couple of other hats, and they turned out small, so I am thinking I need to do a tension square for everything now. The last 2 things I have started for myself (or my hubby) I have decided to check and I had to go up half a needle size. So from 6.5mm to 7mm and then it's ok, think that means my knitting is a bit tight, so I will have to check everything now, and then hopefully no more mistakes. Right, I am now off to carry on with a cable cardigan for my daugher. It's lovely that she wants me to knit for her (she's 24) so I have checked the tension, and off I go. Hopefully it will get finished before summer is here!! Lovely weather at the moment. Happy knitting.

1 comment:

  1. I don't always try a tension square, and I've had a few things turn out smaller that expected. Definitely with adult size clothes I do check. Weather is lovely here too, makes such a difference I was even thinking of knitting outdoors today.

    ReplyDelete