Tuesday 5 April 2011

Mothers Day

Mother's Day is really overrated. The kids feel they have to buy something, and end up getting charged more flowers etc. Anyway I told my kids not to buy anything, as I would rather they were just nice for the day!!But I did get some surprises. A lovely cook book, the hair bikers family cookbook, some lovely tea towels that look like orla kieley, a ceramic travel mug, and my 16 year old (bless her) bought me a £10 voucher for the wool shop in town. I am so looking forward to Thursday to be able to go and browse and choose something lovely.

Have been busy knitting baby hats. 2 strawberries and a cupcake. Quite sweet, but bit fiddly, as I had to try and juggle the pattern at the same time as knitting, but they are all finished now.

Knitted one glove of another pair of the Louisa Harding gloves in Riot, in shades of grey. They are nice but I prefer the multi coloured ones. Last night I sat and watched a couple of episodes of spooks and knitted some more of my friendship shawl. Sometimes you just need easy knitting to do while watching tv.

My hubby has finished lambing now, I did help a bit,  but not much this year. Last year of lambing for now. Won't say too much, but changes are in the air!!Happy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment