Friday 6 July 2012

Knitting

I do find it difficult to think of titles for the new post, when I get round to it. So today is "Knitting". I do love knitting. I do find it relaxing, I do find it creative, and I do find I'm not as good at is as I want to be. I seem to finish things, and they are not great, so I am making an effort to be more careful now. To check as I go along, and to write down where I am on the pattern and to learn new things.

Speaking of learning new things, I splurged out (with the proceeds of destashing on ebay) and paid for an online course run by Anniken Allis a.k.a http://www.yarnaddict.co.uk/ Basically I can now knit continental style, and I have almost cracked the purling Norwegian style. Anni is a great teacher, and the videos that accompany are clear and easy to understand. I can knit much faster now, and easier on my arms and shoulders. I am a thrower knitter, and let go of the right hand needle to throw the wool round, and the new way is much easier, and less stress on my arms.

So I have started a new cardigan, just because I can, and I want to try and knit it using my new techniques. I am knitting Reine by Brooklyn Tweed. So far so good. I really am enjoying it, but as it is knitted in the round, theres a lot of stitches to knit across, like 283 or something. Maybe if I was a size 10 it would be quicker, but hey, you can't have everything.

I have been enjoying my new job, and have met some lovely elderly people. I wish I could do more hours, but as my youngest is 8, I have to fit in around school hours, so he doesn't feel neglected.

My daugher (15) has her school prom tonight. She looked absolutely beautiful in her big dress, with lots of glitter and sparkles. Such a shame its raining so much.

I started knitting an Ishbel but must have made a mistake somehow as it's not working out well, despite writing down everything as I have done it. So I have put that aside for now.

Off to sit down and watch a dvd and do some knitting.  See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment