Wednesday 30 January 2013

Spots before my eyes

I was woken up this morning, by my 9 year old son, showing me spots. Yep, you guessed it - he's got chicken pox. Quite a few in his hair, and the rest seem to be appearing as the morning goes on.

I then realised it's a work day for me. Hmm, I may not be able to go in, hmm a day knitting and baking, and being "just a housewife" again. But no such luck, my lovely hubby is able to work from home today, and my boss said it's ok to work with the client, so I will be off to work in half an hour.

Driftwood got put aside for a bit, while I knitted baby bootees and mittens, for a friends grand daughter. I have picked it up again, and have almost finished one sleeve. The only annoying thing is that I had to buy 2 more balls of Rowan Alpaca Cotton and they cost me £12 including postage, so annoying, but I have to finish it now I have got so far along.

Went to visit an old friend last week, I probably haven't seen her for  year. It was so lovely to catch up again. She's one of those friends who you can totally be yourself with, you don't have to worry about what you say, and we had such a lovely time. Then to top it all she gave me a big laundry basket full of yarn. What a brilliant friend, and some knitting needles, and patterns too. Sadly, her mum had passed away, and she was a prolific knitter, and I have now got some of her consdierable stash. I don't need it, but it would have been rude to refuse!! Already I have been scouring ravelry for ideas, especially as there is some vintage mohair in there too. Happy Days.

Lots of ideas going through my mind at the moment, about what I want to do. I do enjoy my job (I'm a personal carer for a client with MS) and it's really good fun at work, we have some good times and good conversations. But long term I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. In an ideal world I would love to work for a knitting magazine, or work in the industry. But I am under no illusions, I am not that amazing at knitting, I'm good enough, but not exceptional. Plus the fact I still have 4 kids at home 17, 16, 13 and 9, so I still need to be around for them. I have looked into piece knitting, but to be honest it doesn't pay, and I can't actually commit to finishing things, because with kids you know they can be ill anytime.

Anyway time will tell. Hope you all have a good job. I am off to work now. Happy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment