Saturday 8 January 2011

Been Knitting

The shawl from yarnaddict.co.uk
Knitted dishcloth is craft cotton

Baby tank top for my new nephew


Fingerless gloves

I have been knitting, but this time I have photos to prove it. I knitted two pairs of fingerless gloves. Both pairs are in Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed (from my stash). The purple pair are knitted in the round on 4 needles, then cast off for thumb slot, then cast back on next time round. The striped ones are knitted flat and then leave a gap up the side when you sew them up. They were really easy to do, and knitted them in an evening. Also I have started to knit another tank top for my new little nephew, hopefully I will get that finished in the next couple of days, then I have an excuse to go and see him again.
Also I finished a dishcloth, which has been on my needles since November. I know, why knit dishcloths, but they last a lot longer than shop ones, and they are an easy portable project to take with you, in your handbag.

Still plodding on with the shawl, I babysat for a friend last night so I was able to get another 12 rows done. It is a labour of love, but I have found it really easy. Not sure what I will do with it when I have finished, but who knows we may have a wedding to go to this year, so I could buy a dress to match!!
I have been reading other peoples blogs, and love getting a glimpse into other peoples lives, and ideas they have. One blog, suggested putting yarn together in bags (which I have done) and then put a copy of the pattern in there, that you intend to use the yarn for. It's on my to do list, but I think it will have to be a day when I have nothing else to do. My housework is always bottom of the to do list, but I think it's more important than sorting out yarn (well to my husband anyway!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment