Thursday 15 September 2011

All quiet

It's 9.00 a.m and my house is quiet, except for the sound of the washing machine. That is never quiet!!(for those of you who don't know I have 6 children still living at home, so the washing machine is my best friend)

All of the children have gone to school/6th form or work. So I have a few minutes peace, before pegging out the washing, tidying up and then Thursdays is knitting club day. Big decisions, what do I take with me??

I have been knitting a few minature clothes. Not for me (minature is defintely a word not associated with me!!)I have been trying to make jumpers, hats and scarves for small toys/teddies. I have looked at books to guess sizes, and then just trying to make them interesting. I managed to make a scarf, hat and sleeveless jumper last night. It's good because they knit up quick. It's also a good way of using up my stash.

At the moment I am making a hooded cardigan for myself. I have some lovely James Brett Marble in terracotta/grey/orange so it comes out in muted stripes. It's just a cardi to chuck on when winter is here, which by the feel of it, won't be too long. I have been trying to make a Rowan Cardi too. I have the right wool, the right pattern, and the right amount of wool. That's where everything "right" stops. I have unpicked it at least 3 times. It's ok until I get to the bit about following the chart. So I gave up and I have written the chart out by hand. Only to do a row, and realise that I read the chart wrong. So I have put that lovely cardigan back in my knitting bag, and started something easier.

Well the sun is shining so I must peg out my washing. Hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment