Saturday 1 October 2011

Having a tidy!!!

I am supposed to be having a tidy up!!Not just the house, but all of my knitting bits and pieces. I have just been really, really ruthless with my knitting magazines. I have gone through them all, and only kept the ones with articles I may use, and one of two patterns. The others I have whittled through them and ripped out the pattern I really, really like. It's so silly, some of these magazines I have had for 2 years, and I have only knitted one of two things from the whole pile, so it's just taking up space.

I am just about to go through my stash!!Now, I am NOT getting rid of any of that. I am going to go through it all, write down what I have, and I may even put a note in each bag, to say what I am thinking of doing with it. The trouble is I am not a very organised person. Basically I will end up emptying the contents of my pine wool chest all over my bedroom floor, getting half way through, and then giving up, as I will feel overwhelmed. So maybe I will take the things out one at a time, and think about it and then if I bored I can just put away the ones I have finished.

I am on the sleeve of the cardigan/jacket, so the end is in sight, it does seem to be going on for a long time, but it's great tv knitting.

I did get sidetracked by popping into Aldis and buying some Aran. I also cast on for a cardigan pattern and I have knit about 20 rows. Then I stopped. I realised that I was knitting a mans pattern. I also realised that I am not a man. I also realised that the men in my life wouldn't wear a green Aran cardigan, so I think I may have to frog that one, and think again. Probably best to just take it off the needles until I finish what I have on the needles.

Off to the yarn stash, I may be sometime. I may get distracted (probably) and I may up casting on something I find at the bottom. If I don't blog in the next month - email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment