Saturday 22 October 2011

A good start

I can't believe that another week or more has flown by. I joined weight watchers, and in the first week I lost five and a half pounds. I couldn't believe it, I didn't even stick to it 100%. Makes me realise what a porker I am. This week had one bad day, Doritos (my downfall) and wine (well the bottle was open). But now I will make up for it, by going for a long walk this afternoon, and probably one other day, to make up for it.

I have been busy knitting this week. I am almost finished the back of a v neck jumper, that's going to be for a child in a school in Kenya. It's a 32 inch chest, so it's more like a small adult size, so it's best to sit and knit while watching a dvd.

I had been planning to knit some small things, with a view to selling them at Christmas, but don't think I will have the time. The above jumper doesn't need to be finished until January, but I know what I'm like so will try and get at least half done before the end of November. I have been knitting some toy jumper and scarves too, for a contact, hopefully that will work out. I am not on the hood of my round the house cardi knitted in James Brett Marble. It will look nice when finished.

Next Friday is my birthday, and one of my lovely, lovely friends brought me round a present when she came for coffee this week. As I squished it, and said I would save it for my birthday, I realised that it was wool. What  a lovely friend. You can tell she's a knitter, because no one else would know what wool to buy. Well, I gave in to temptation, and found some lovely Wendy Aran, which is really soft. I know exactly what I am going to knit with it. In a book I have - Little Red in the City - is a lovely long hooded cardigan, but the edging has a lovely honeycomb pattern on it. I am going to attempt to knit that. I must admit, that Friday night, I actually got the pattern out and was about to start it. But no, I didn't give in, I decided to finish what was actually on needles first. Then I thought I will start it on Friday, which is my birthday. So I have this week to quickly finish what's on the needles.

The exciting thing about this new jacket, is that it's knit all in one piece from the top down. I have never done something like that, so it will be a challenge too. Also I have enought wool, thanks to my lovely friend.

Also I am trying to finish a cross stitch for my mum. I have had it for about 2 years, and now it's knitting that takes all my time. So I have set myself a challenge of finishing it for Christmas. gulp. I have done over half of it, so I figure if I spend an hour a day, it's possible. So that's what I will be doing this afternoon.

Anyway it's quarter to 8, so I better go and shower, ready to start the day. Happy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment