Wednesday 5 October 2011

Phew

Phew I survived. I went through the stash, wrote down what I have, and took some photos too, so that I can upload some to Ravelry. It took about 2 hours, I thoroughly enjoyed it, packed it all away and then saw the vacum pack under the bed, with more in. Needless to say, I left it well alone. That is for another day.

I found a plain Aran cardigan pattern, so I am frogging the mans aran cardi and knitting a plain one for me, I will wear it around the house. Along with the other one on the needles. Mind you, I am on the last sleeve now, so the end is in sight. I find it difficult buying knitting patterns. They are mainly photographed on a slim attractive, young lady. Now 20 years ago I was that, now I am the opposite of all of those, so a size 18/20 cardigan is not so flattering. I have learnt not to knit chunky, as I am chunky, so it looks like a double chunky. But the time has come to bite the bullet. I am off to weight watchers of doom tonight. Time to take stock, and get rid of some weight. The incentive is, I could then knit myself in a lovely yarn, in maybe a size 16, 14 would be better, but not going to get disilluisoned.

Knitting doesn't burn off enough calories, shame, the amount of time I spend doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment