Saturday 11 February 2012

Owl

Apart from the eyes I have finished my owl jumper by Kate Davies. I am so pleased with it. It took me just over a week to knit, and was quite easy. A couple of times I wasn't sure of the instructions, but managed to work it out. Also asked someone on Ravelry who had just finished knitting it, and they helped too. I knitted in New Lanark Wool Chunky. Lovely, lovely 100% wool. I held its shape well, and was ok to knit with. I just hope that it softens a bit, as my daughter said it's a bit itchy. I knitted up size 3 which was for a 36 inch bust. Funny thing is it fits a 37 inch and a 35 inch, so two of my daughters are going to share it, happy days. It's so nice I am actually going to knit another one in a lilac wool Wendy Norse, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

The other great news (actually should be at the top of the page, but the photo goes to the top). I am a grandma again. My lovely daughter had a baby girl yesterday who weighed in at 9lb 3oz. I saw her today for the first time, and she's lovely, lots of dark hair. I suppose I ought to knit something to celebrate. I won't promise as I am not a good finisher, and she will probably have grown by the time I finish whatever I decide.

Back to knitting. I would love to wear the above jumper, but I personally don't think it looks so nice on a size 18 as it does on a size 10. It should give me some incentive to lose weight, but to be honest I'm not that desperate!!I did like the challenge of knitting in the round. What was nice about this pattern is it had waist shaping and back shaping, so it pulled it in to make a nice fit. I didn't block it or anything, I should but I know I won't. Now I have to knit a chunky plain round neck jumper for one of my daughters. Once they ask you, you almost feel you should because they will actually wear it. Off to search out that chunky wool. Happy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment