Wednesday 25 August 2010

Sleepover

This is what happens when you have your grandaughter over for her first sleepover. You teach her to knit!!Actually she is only 17 months old, so no way was she going to learn. When I put the needles in her hands for a quick photo opportunity, her eyes lit up with delight, not because she valued all the time and effort that I had put into knitting her a new cardigan, but because she saw a chance to be able to quickly destroy something of mine!!Bless her. Her cardigan is going well. I say that, I have done about half of the back.

She came to stay as it was my number one daughters wedding anniversary, so her and hubby went out for a meal, and a night away. My daughter was warning me about my grandaughters nocturnal activities - basically she sometimes wakes up, and screams, and screams. So I thought I had better have an early night. I woke up at 5.30 and was instantly worried that something was wrong, as she hadn't woken up. I crept up the landing to check on her, and she was still asleep, so I went back to bed, and she didn't wake until 7.30. So that was lovely.

My daughter and grandaughter have had to come and stay as they have some work being done in their house. It's nice, but also difficult. All my children (5 of them) are at home from various holiday activities, and then we have number one daughter, and grandaughter. And we have been going stir crazy as it has been raining, and raining, and raining. She took her home to sleep tonight, as she didn't sleep well last night. I did hear her crying, but for the first time in my life when I heard a baby crying, I could just pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep!!

Bought myself a little treat today. Not wool, I know, shock, horror - but I bought myself some new knitting needles tips. They are Knitpro symfonie wooden tips that screw on to a wire, to make circular needles. I love them, they are so cool. And I bought myself two new wires, as I have so much stuff on the needles I needed some more. Well you've got to have a little treat now and again.

Next time I may show you some of my stash, and my stash holders, as I have a new one - thanks to a friend - you know who you are!!Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment