Tuesday 31 August 2010

Lidls (enabling store)


I realise now that I seriously have an addiction problem. No, I am not hooked on drugs, only of the wooly variety. Last week a friend of mine (well I'm not sure now, if she is or not!!) told me that on Monday (bank holiday Monday) Lidls were going to be getting wool in. So in the back of my mind all weekend, is trying to get down to the local Lidl's and buy more wool. We ended up having a bbq and inviting a few friends (23 of us altogether). My Tesco.com shopping was delivered by 9.30 so by 10am I was at Lidl's trying to control my breathing (as wool shopping is very exciting). First of all I thought that they didn't have any, and then I found the shrine, I mean display box. The first two shelves, weren't my cup of tea, but then at the bottom I found some gorgeous sock yarn. So lovely. Only 2.99 for 200g. I bought some variegated and some plain. They are lovely. I haven't started any yet, but can't wait, but I am going to wait. This is just a small selection. I bought a couple of packs of the greens and the orangey browns, as the colours are so pretty. Apparently you can knit two pairs of socks out of one packet, so bit of a bargain.


At the weekend it was daughter number 4's birthday. She was 14. We went swimming as a family, with nanny and grandad too, and then had a chinese for tea. It was a nice day. I started to knit the little blue tank top, just in the car on the journey up to my mums, and have already almost finished the back. I know, I know, I have two or three other things on the go too, but some things are easier to take in the car, because at least you can talk at the same time. Plus, if I knit in the car, I tend not to criticise my darling husbands driving!! The lovely, lovely red cotton calico cardigan that I am knitting - well something awful has happened. I am well over the half way point, but I am on my last ball of wool. I have emailed everyone on ebay who is selling it, to see if there is anyone with the same dye lot, I have emailed Sirdar direct, no joy, and also everyone on the internet who sells it, and most of them, no joy. Apparently it's been discontinued now. I thought that I had enough. Trouble is as it's knitted from side to side, I can't even change the dye lot, how annoying. I think I will have to unpick it, I can't bear to at the moment. I am holding on to the one hope, that another supplier that I have emailed will come up trumps. Here's hoping!!

1 comment:

  1. MY MUM SHE`S BEEN BUSY DOING CROCHET AND SHE CAN`T STOP EITHER...
    IT SEEMS TO BE QUITE ADDICTIVE!!!
    CAN`T WAIT TO LEARN HOW TO KNIT AND CROCHET,TOO!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete