Thursday 8 July 2010

Prem babies and India

My titles always seem a bit random, but hey that's a bit like me. It was knitting group today, which was really nice and relaxing, there were 11 of us there, I tried to persuade two young men to join us (they were my son's age - so relax!!) but they weren't so keen. It's cool for blokes to knit, but I don't think they agreed. Still, you can but try.

After I had finished knitting, I popped into WHSmith and bought knitting magazine. Had a good old read when I got home, and read the back article. The columnist Laura, had a baby with a heart condition, and she had some really difficult times to deal with. It made me remember when we had a prem baby 9 years ago. It is really hard to go home from hospital and leave your baby with other people to look after. We all cope in different ways, but it was a really hard time for us as a family. Sadly, our little boy died at 6 months old, but you never forget.

Anyway, enough of the rambling depressing stuff. Just found out that my husband and I are going to India in November. VERY EXCITING. It's not for a holiday, it's to help. We are going to be going with a team of people to Tamil Nadu, and helping in a school and childrens home. A friend has offered to come and live at our house for 2 weeks and look after our children. This is a once in a lifetime trip, to see a different part of the world. I am nervous, excited, scared and thrilled, all rolled into one. The trip does involve a 16 hour train journey!!!So I am definitely packing my knitting in my suitcase, not sure what yet, probably small things, that are portable. See even then I am planning what wool and needles to take, not what clothes.

Today at knitting group I have been finishing off some baby bootees. They are so cute. They are from a Debbie Bliss book that I borrowed from the library. I made a mistake on them, but it's easily fixed. Once they are finished I will put a photo on here.

Now I am on strict orders NOT to buy anything. Fortunately that was after I told hubby (who is away at the mo) that I had bought a sofa!!Don't worry it was a second hand one, so not too expensive. But no more knitting magazine, no more wool, we need to save the money for this trip. I have put my laptop on ebay, hope that sells, as that will pay for one ticket. I even said I would sell my wool if I had to, but I seriously hope it doesn't come to that. Maybe I could sell the chickens, furniture, bikes and car first!! Happy knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment