Wednesday 21 July 2010

New WIP

This is a lovely pattern for a lion that I bought from the Alan Dart website. I don't generally like knitted toys, but my brother and his wife are having their first baby and it's a boy. I know my sis in law likes jungle animals, so I am going to attempt to knit this but only the lion.


This is my new WIP (work in progress). It's the same as the beige cardi that I finished a few weeks ago. It was so nice to knit, that I found (ok I bought it) some lovely red cotton yarn. It knits up really lovely. I am trying to finish it so that I can actually wear it this summer. Last time I managed to knit one in two weeks, but this may take longer, as I am easily distracted as you know.

This is my granny stripe blanket. Attic 24 gives a great tutorial. This was my way of being good. Using up all my stash of cotton dk weight yarn. Trouble is I have used most of it and not finished yet. I have been hunting through my stash, and have manged to come up with some odd balls of green, so the colour combination will change a lot. I have run out of the blues now too.
I let the chickens out this morning. Went back in their shed to fill up their water drinkers. One of them (psycho) followed me, I thought she was just thirsty. I started to fill up one drinker, and I saw her looking at my toes (in flip flops), so I pushed her away. Started to fill up the other, and then realised that the psycho was on a mission, she must have thought my toes were worms, big fat stumpy worms. So I was trying to do a little dance, at the same time as tipping up a watering can, and pushing the chicken away. I am so glad no one else was watching. Happy knitting


No comments:

Post a Comment