Thursday 12 May 2011

Giving In

Well, the thing is, I am not very good at dieting. Hence I am still a bit on the plus size, well a lot on the plus size!!  I have been researching wool for a project that I wanted to do, but couldn't get the right stuff for a good price, despite looking for about 3 days in a row, on various sites.

I decided one day this week to take myself off to Hobby craft. And lo and behold I found some wool, and it jumped into my basket and I took it home. And I also found a lovely pattern book too. I bought some Sirdar Balmoral, which was half price, as it's obviously going to be discontinued. It's a lovely shade of blue, almost navy. I have started knitting a cardigan. I know, I know I shouldn't have, but I needed something easy to do. I have finished the friendship shawl, apart from the grafting, finished the sock, and the cable cardigan I am on the last front, but can't do anything whilst doing that. I know, I am trying to justify it. It came out of my knitting money, which goes surprisingly a long way. I am determined to finish the cable cardi, but the blue one is just a quick knit to fill in between times, and I will probably finish it for the winer, when I will need to wear cardigans again. I then promptly wasted time looking for more bargain wool on line. I have to give myself a good talking to STEP AWAY FROM THE LAPTOP. Think I should go to LTA Lap Tops Anonymous, as I am seriously addicted. Off to knit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment