Wednesday 18 May 2011

Hooray

Hooray, yes at last, I have finished the Friendship Shawl. It is lovely. I emailed the pattern writer for some final finishing tips, and then followed a grafting garter stitch link on youtube, and it's done. Now I am just off to wet it and block it, so I can take some photos to put on here tomorrow. I know I have made a couple of mistakes, like the holes in the bottom that form the patter, are slightly out of line in one place. And the grafting I should have been in a quiet room to do it, but hey, it's my first finished shawl and it's not bad. It was a lovely easy pattern to do, I might even do it again one day, but must finish all the other bits and pieces first.

Sold our beautiful solid pine barley twist king size bed. It had matching furniture and I sold it all on ebay. Trouble is, it's 6 weeks until we move, so hubby and I are sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Its actually very comfy, but not so easy to get off the floor in the mornings.

Went somewhere today and they had Wendy Merino Aran for 99p for 100g ball - what a bargain!!Did I buy some???Now that would be telling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment