Friday 26 March 2010

Little Treats

Today was an amazing day. Unfortunately I can't share the best bit of it, because it's someone else's "stuff" so I don't think I should talk about it. Bet that's got you interested.

While I was out today, I was near the naughty shop (Carly's crafts) and I was so tempted to go over to just "browse" but I knew that I had a little bit of "knitting"money, so I had to talk to myself and say, "You don't need any more wool, yes, it's a lovely shop, but you need to finish the at least 8 things on your needles." At least if you talk to yourself in your car, other people assume you are singing along to the radio.

While I was out and about I popped into another wonderful, amazing shop. It's called Magpie and it's in Poundbury, near Dorchester. It is wonderful. The best thing about it is, it sells Cath Kidston things, all of which I need. I drooled longingly over the notebooks (but I have one), and the bags (see earlier posts, believe me I don't need it). I looked at the lovely little sewing kits, and was very tempted, but I had to remind myself that I don't really sew, so what's the point. I settled for 2 packets of tissues. I had an amazing conversation with the owner, it was so good, I forgot to look around the rest of the shop.

My number one daughter shares my love of all things CK too. In fact her husband has been known to bribe her with sayings such as "If you let me go fishing, I will buy you a Cath Kidston teapot" He even bought her a Cath Kidston washing up brush, in the hope that she would wash up more. But no, she loads the dishwasher and just admires the washing up brush from afar. My husband unfortunately doesn't believe in bribes or bargains, believe me I have tried.

Number one daughter, and grandaughter are coming over for tea. Her husband is going fishing tonight, bet she'll get some CK plimsolls now, some people have all the luck!! Happy Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment