Monday 22 March 2010

Notebooks, CK and obsessions

I have just been thinking today, about how many notebooks that I have got. I love stationary. In fact next to my bed I have 10 notebooks. I have just popped upstairs to check. I had to count twice, how sad is that. Only one is unused so far, and that's because it's so lovely I don't know what to use it for. I then have another two downstairs. One has got all my knitting info in, and the other, my new CK (Cath Kidston) one (Christmas present from daughter number 1) has got blog ideas in. There is something therapeutic about the first page of a new notebook. You have to use a nice pen, and write in your neatest hand writing. Maybe it goes back to school days, mind you that was over 30 years ago now, that is a horrible thought.


CK is another thing, that I have discovered over the last year or so. I do love some of her stuff. I know it's expensive, somehow that makes me want it more. But I don't think I could spend £40 ish on a oilcloth bag, nice though they are. I do have a purse, a pencil case, a gadget holder (itouch size), a mini purse (£1 coins for parking), a zip up purse for drugs (paracetemol and ibuprofen), another clasp purse (my cash, that I earn from knitting), a shopping bag, a see through pencil case (ideal for transporting sock knitting), a material bag (free gift from CK in Cornwall) and some tissues. I think I am about Cath'ed out now. I don't need anything else. But I know in April I am going to Bath with my mum and my sister-in-law, and I know that I will go into the CK store that's there.








It's the same with yarn. I love it (surprised aren't you?) I love the colours, the textures, and then planning what I am going to knit with it. Trouble is I store it away in my lovely wool trunk and then forget what I have. I have started to list it all, some of it is on ravelry.com If you haven't been on there, join, it's great. A good way to see what other people have knitted with the yarn you might be thinking about using. I have over 18kg of wool. But I still am tempted by other stuff. I have tried now, to only buy it if I have a project in mind. I mean how many odd balls of wool do you need? You can only knit so many scarves. Maybe one day I will post a picture of my stash, but maybe not, I don't know who is going to read this!!








Off to finish a hat for my grandaugther now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree notebooks are such desirable items. I have quite a few but find it very hard to use them, especially the most beautiful as I feel they deserve to have something really special written in them. Funny I don't have that problem with handbags, have loads and quite happy to use them all.

    ReplyDelete