Saturday 3 April 2010

Being Good

A good week, not because I was watching what I eat (though I should) but because I actually managed to get some knitting finished. I finished the back of this lovely gilet that I am knitting for my daughter. It's in Sirdar Peru on 6.5mm needles, so hopefully I will get on and finish the rest of it this week.

I have managed to finish this shrug. This is a 1950's pattern of a shrug or bolero. I knitted it in Sirdar Blur, and it has taken me forever to do. It was knitted on 3.25mm needles and I have taken almost two years. Not because I am a slow knitter, but I kept putting it off because it was quite long and boring. Now I knitted it up in a bigger size, but the friend I have knitted for, has put on some weight, so I don't think it's going to fit her now. Never mind, I tried. (Note to self - don't knit for other people, unless it's a gift)
It does feel good, and I am trying to set myself the challenge, of not starting ANYTHING!!! new (unless it's paid work) until I have finished what is on my needles. Currently that is 1. a sock. 2. an aran jumper for my darling hubby (started 2 years ago).3.a lovely pure silk scarf for a dear friend who is moving away at the end of April (so must get that done asap).4.Wendy Skye Long length cardigan for myself, the back is done, and almost one front.5.AK traditions rag doll, for my grandaughter, all the knitting is done, needs sewing up and stuffing. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Why do I do it, I am a starter not a finisher. Well things have to change. I have even managed to tidy my kitchen (must have looked good, as hubby commented when he got home from work this morning) and I have 3 cakes in the oven as I type this. Things have got to change. Off to finish the front of the skye cardigan. Bye for now




1 comment:

  1. I rarely have more than one piece of knitting on the go (my team type is completer/finisher) but I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have several unfinished items. The bit I really hate is the stitching up, that's why socks are so great. Hope you get to the end of everything or at least something soon.

    ReplyDelete