Tuesday 25 May 2010

Some knitting finally finished


Finally finished something. This cardigan pattern was bought from Ravelry. It is called Golden Vintage Cardigan, and it is lovely. I had a few problems with the pattern, and when I contacted the lady who had written it, she was so helpful, and I had actually found a mistake in the pattern, which she corrected. I knitted this in Rowan Silk Cotton from my stash, finally finished something. I am really pleased with it. I still realised that I had made a mistake. The twisted rib that is on the bottom and sleeve bottoms should have continued up the front, but never mind, I think it still looks ok. I am not putting buttons on. One, because I don't do them up, and two, my button holes aren't that great to be honest.
The weather has been so lovely the last few days. I must admit, I have been inside as it's much cooler there. It has been nice to have a few days at home, instead of rushing around everywhere. I am on a mission, to try and save some money. I am also trying to lose weight, mainly by excercising, and just trying to cut out the rubbish. I would just like to be a size 16 all over, not too unattainable, as I am an 18 at the moment. By October I have set myself a goal, so it is very achievable. We have a party to go to Saturday with a hog roast, but I will just keep off the crackling, which I love. Also wine, must be in moderation from now on, because it makes me eat doritos!! Why does rubbish food taste so good.
Back to knitting, my long cardigan, I am still on the last sleeve, this is the third time I have had to rip it back, as I kept making mistakes on the increases. Now I have written it out step by step so I don't make the same mistake again. I think it will be a while before it's finished though, as I have to do the button band, which is in moss stitch the whole length of the cardigan, and then the collar, not looking forward to that.
Also I have a cross stitch which I am trying to finish for my mum. I have been doing it for over 2 years, but I prefer knitting, but I must try and do this picture. It's so lovely, and I know she will love it, she has even started asking me when I will get round to finishing it. Too many hobbies, not enough time. Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment