Friday 14 May 2010

Well good morning, to anyone who may be reading this. It's 7.20 am and I have been awake since 6, so rather than waste the day, I got out of bed, and wasted half an hour on the computer. I have been checking facebook, checking emails and reading others blogs. My back is much better now, just the odd twinge, but I can do my normal list of everending jobs now.

I haven't done as much knitting the last few days. Life has been busy, busy, busy. I was knitting furiously last week to try and finally finish something. I have knitted so much that I poked a small and wickedly painful hole in my finger, with the point of my knitting needle. I think I should learn to knit another way, or wear a thimble. I took my knitting to knitting group on Thursday but ended up doing some crochet. Then that got me hooked (excuse the pun). I came home and read some of Attic 24 blog, and ended up trying to teach myself how to do a ripple blanket. I spent about 4 hours all day crocheting, and even made my back and shoulders ache. Never finished anything, but had fun learning. Later today I will try and finish the cardigan that's been on my needles for a while.

Last night, we went to a family barn dance thing. It's called a something beginning with C - but I am not even going to try and spell it. It was quite fun catching up with all hubbys brothers and sisters (he's one of 11). Most of them were there, and we are all getting older unfortunately. My number 1 daughter and number 1 son came with us. It seemed quite weird going out with them as adults, it was nice though, as there was no fighting and arguing in the back of the car like there used to be. Didn't have to turn round and shout at them, or slap a leg. Very civilised. We did all have a dance, but only one. Lovely food, and nice wine (it was take a bottle, so I did). Didn't get to bed til midnight, so today will probably be a long day. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment